[SURBL-Discuss] Local blacklist (Was: http://www.phishdefense.org/)

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Jun 23 08:00:34 CEST 2005

On Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 8:18:35 PM, center11 center11 wrote:
> I try to find the domain suit the uribl
> and try to maintain a dns for uribl on  surbl.ytwang.idv.tw
> I didn't automatic to find the blacklist domain (that is next step ), just
> sometime to find it by every day log
> on Jun 20 , I find some domain not so good , example
> 03MJs0.WQHxT.sddweefeee.cn  this uri just 1 letter, but  this domain send
> 1666 letter and use 949 different uri
> I think it is not good for our mail server
> I put it into my dns

> sddweefeee.cn.surbl.ytwang.idv.tw   127.0.0.4
> and it will be gived some score  on spamassassin check.

> sandia

Yes, adding domains to a local blacklist is a good use of
SpamAssassin.

BTW, if you start a new topic, you should not do it by replying
to an old message with a different topic. That's called hijacking
a thread and it's considered bad manners:

  http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

See #2.

Cheers,

Don't harm innocent bystanders.