[SURBL-Discuss] Help for the Windows Guy!

Fred tech2 at i-is.com
Tue Mar 1 23:34:27 CET 2005

I am one of the first to have jumped on this wagon, what type of mail server
are you planning to install this in?  Does it provide some way to tie in an
external program?  Each mail server is very different how they handle this,
we used Vopmail and it provides what's called an "agent" which is a batch
file you specify to be executed upon arrivial of mail.  This works fine but
you need to know how to program batch files...  How you accomplish this
depends on what your mail server allows you to do.
It sure is easier setting up a freebsd box to run only e-mail and not have
to worry about it for a long time!  We haven't touched our mail servers
except to upgrade our clamAV once a year.

When I ran SA under Win32, I had to keep a close eye on things to make sure
they didn't blow up and let me assure you THEY WILL!

Frederic Tarasevicius
Internet Information Services, Inc.
http://www.i-is.com/
810-794-4400