[SURBL-Discuss] Help for the Windows Guy!

Bret Miller bret.miller at wcg.org
Wed Mar 2 19:42:08 CET 2005

> > I want to implement SpamAssassin
> <http://spamassassin.apache.org/>  3
> > but I am just a Windows guy.  I use McAfee's Spamkiller 2.7 on their
> > e500 (linux) and it's just not doing the job.  Someone
> please step me
> > through the process of where and what to place SpamAssassin
> on.  I see
> > the wonderful reviews but this Windows guy knows nothing
> about linux.
>
> Hi Jeff,
> Fred is probably right that a Unix or Linux machine will be a lot
> more stable and reliable than Windows in this application. That
> said, there are some links for using SpamAssassin with Windows
> on the SURBL Links page:
>
>   http://www.surbl.org/links.html

I don't know... Perhaps so, but I haven't really seen any problems with
SpamAssassin 3.0.2 on Windows. Been running it with both CommuniGate Pro and
Merak servers. The CommuniGate Pro interface module (CGPSA) has a bug that
crashes it when too many recipients are specified on the To: header. But
that doesn't seem limited to Windows. Other than that, no problems here at
all any more. :)

Bret