[SURBL-Discuss] Nice article on SURBL and note about weekends.....

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Mar 8 09:29:56 CET 2005

On Monday, March 7, 2005, 12:21:57 PM, Chris Santerre wrote:
> I was surfing for something else while waiting for two machines to reboot.
> Found this...

> http://daryl.learnhouston.com/?p=143

> I like people who like us :)

I added the following comment to his (personal?) site:

March 8th, 2005 at 2:11 am

(Trying not to belch here
  ;-)

Hi Daryl,
Thanks for your observations about SURBLs. When we first started,
we tried to get the data out in our own way, but it turned out
that the regular RBL way of doing things with DNS zone files was
a lot more scalable. So we went with that. (Using RBLs is the
method that you describe above.) Typically SURBLs are used on ISP
mail servers with programs like SpamAssassin, exim, sendmail,
etc. There’s lots more info on our website http://www.surbl.org/
for anyone interested in learning more about SURBLs or finding
some applications that use them.

Cheers,

Jeff Chan