[SURBL-Discuss] Re: New redirector: www.nate.com

List Mail User track at Plectere.com
Fri Mar 25 20:01:38 CET 2005

>To: discuss at lists.surbl.org
>From: Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de>
>Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:51:55 +0100
>
>List Mail User wrote:
>
>> gabia.com-munged
>> http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=gabia.com
>
>ACK, that's also the first time that I heard about any "ICANN
>10 years limit" for the expiration of com-domains.  And here
>it's apparently the reason for a whois-RFCI-entry, which RfC
>could that be ?  Not RfC 1591 or RfC 1032 (looking for "exp").
>
>> Its good to know people do read
>
>I'm a RFCI+SURBL+SPF-fan ;-)  Bye, Frank

	Frank,

	It has been a hectic couple of days and now my in-laws arrive today,
but it is not in an RFC (though it is an invalid expiration date), but in
an ICANN document.  Later, I'll look for the ICANN rule document which
applies, the same holds for .net and .org domains - I don't remember if
.edu's are covered or not;  It is a *very* old rule and does not hold true
for some of the country specific TLDs (and maybe not even for things like
.ws, .biz, etc. - though from bad memory I think .info's have a five year
limit) - I'll try to find at least one example of those also.  If you want
to start searching yourself first, check the standard registrar agreements
on the ICANN site.  The "easy" evidence is to look at how long reputable
registrars will allow a renewal for (try NetSol - they suck, but do basically
do follow the rules - also Joker and GoDaddy, both whom I think better of, go
strictly by what is allowed).

	More later after I find it,

	Paul Shupak
	track at plectere.com
	(lots of emails - different for SURBL and the RFCI-Discuss lists).