[SURBL-Discuss] SURBL Content

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sat May 7 05:34:09 CEST 2005

On Friday, May 6, 2005, 5:59:15 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> This morning we received a huge blast from a spammer that spamhaus.org
> identified properly but multi.surbl.org.rbldnsd didn't :(  Just checking
> though :)

> Eric

When you say spamhaus.org, which list are you referring to, XBL
or SBL?  Because one of the new lists we're experimenting with,
xu.surbl.org, gets data from CBL spamtrap URI hits.  CBL feeds
into XBL, and some of the XBL senders probably end up in SBL
also.

Next time you see one like this, if you check it using the SURBL
checker:

  http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/uribl.cgi

it would be interesting to to hear if it hits the preliminary
version of the XS data.

Cheers,

Don't harm innocent bystanders.