[SURBL-Discuss] newly registered domains

Matthew Wilson matthew at boomer.com
Mon May 9 03:28:39 CEST 2005

Does anyone know of a SA rule to check how recently a domain name has
been registered?

The various uri lookups catch the vast majority of spammy urls during
the day, but from 2-5 a.m. CST, my servers get hit with tons of spam
with urls that aren't in SURBL yet.  All of the domains are newly
registered domains (registered in the past week or so).

I know that the SARE ninjas have some private tools to do this kind of
lookup for their feeds and manual lookups, but I'm wondering if this
kind of thing could be worked directly into a SA rule.

Thanks,
Matthew