[SURBL-Discuss] multi.surbl.org.rbldnsd Update Times

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue May 10 17:28:50 CEST 2005

[off list reply published with Eric's permission]

On Monday, May 9, 2005, 9:33:12 AM, Eric Smith wrote:
> Found out this morning it was an error in the way we were reporting file
> times.  Everything is good now.  We were piping modified times out to an
> HTML page every hour then we check if the page had changed at all in the
> last 12 hours.

> /E.

Cool.  BTW if you want to know the actual timestamp of the data,
the best way is to look at the zone file serial number.  Those
are generated from the number of epoch seconds at UTC when the
file is created.  For example:

% dig multi.surbl.org soa

[...]
multi.surbl.org.        15M IN SOA      a.surbl.org. zone.surbl.org. (
                                        1115680902      ; serial
                                        10M             ; refresh
                                        5M              ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry