[SURBL-Discuss] Feedback on adprofile.net wanted

Robert Menschel Robert at menschel.net
Wed May 11 06:45:39 CEST 2005

> Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 22:34:13 -0700
> From: Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org>
> Subject: [SURBL-Discuss] Feedback on adprofile.net wanted
> To: SURBL Discuss <discuss at lists.surbl.org>

> adprofile.net reportedly appeared in a flowers.com ham as: ...

> Yet it's listed on WS by Bill Stearns.   This may be a false
> positive.  Does anyone have any more information about it?

I find adprofile.net within my corpus in
1) what appears to be a valid ham, angry (not quite hate) email to
Mike Malloy, liberal radio talk show host, from a radical conservative
listener. Email includes a copy of the 760thezone.com home page (the
radio station that carries the talk show). Home page apparently
contained the paid ad link:
<A class=3Dportalbar=20
href=3D"http://wvw.clearchannel.com/spacer.gif?event=3D104~radio~20~~124~=
Low Mortgage =Rates!~125~/hosts/index.html~121~kkzn-am~98~http://tx.adprofile.net/tx/r?=
CID=3D60584&amp;M=3D0&amp;sid=3Dlmr"=20
target=3D_blank><FONT color=3D#ff3300>Low Mortgage=20
target=3D_blank>Rates!</FONT></A>

In addition to that one ham, I have 12 spam.

Bob Menschel