[SURBL-Discuss] URIBL and PTR records

List Mail User track at Plectere.com
Fri May 13 05:33:13 CEST 2005

>enter a spamtrap address I just noticed that quite a few of the pages look
>extremely similar, DNS lookups show:
>
>$ host www.signoffcorp.biz
>www.signoffcorp.biz has address 217.107.217.8
>$ host www.bestcds.biz
>www.bestcds.biz has address 217.107.217.8
>$ host www.wonder-pills.com
>www.wonder-pills.com has address 217.107.217.8
>$ host www.multimed.ws
>www.multimed.ws has address 217.107.217.8
>
>$ host 217.107.217.8
>8.217.107.217.in-addr.arpa is an alias for 8.0/27.217.107.217.in-addr.arpa.
>8.0/27.217.107.217.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer webrider.ru.
>$ host webrider.ru
>webrider.ru has address 217.107.216.26
>
>so i wonder if it is possible (or already done) to also list (and save) the
>IPs of URIBL listed domains and check newly queried, yet unlisted domains
>against those IPs.
>
>any comments?
>
>regards,
>
>wolfgang

	All multitrade group - look at multitrade-corp. {biz,com}.  Also,
you can lookup all those domains at rfc-ignorant.org for more comments.

	BTW.  You suggestion is the fundamental difference between IP based
BLs and RHS BLs - That is why there is a place in the world for both.

	Paul Shupak
	track at plectere.com

P.S.  There are a least a few hundred domains at those IPs - I think there's
a partial list on one Spamhaus page (don't have the SBL at hand).