[SURBL-Discuss] German spam crap

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue May 17 02:37:27 CEST 2005

On Monday, May 16, 2005, 8:38:14 AM, Eric Smith wrote:
> Excellent thank you.  I wasn't sure if the actual sites they were linking
> were involved.

> /E.

Several of the sites mentioned in the German spams are legitimate
news sites.  Spiegel.de is like American Time Magazine.  Stern.de
is like Newsweek.  There are also some local newspapers
mentioned.  We're not going to blacklist those just because they
get mentioned in spams, any more than we would blacklist Time
Magazine or the New York Times.

On the other hand if any of the sites mentioned are actually
owned by the spam gangs or spammers, we'll happily and
immediately list them.  But so far it seems they're not, not
even some of the right wing extremist sites mentioned.

If anyone has any research showing any of these domains are
owned by spam gangs, then please post or send it privately
and we'll blacklist.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.