MORE (was: Re: [SURBL-Discuss] yet another joe job)

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at surbl.org
Tue May 17 08:53:39 CEST 2005

Hi!

>> domain:       taiwanmedialtd.com
>> status:       lock
>> owner:        Mohammad Khan
>> email:        admin at taiwanmedialtd.com
>> address:      Kizilelma Caddesi No
>> address:      Findikzade
>> city:         Istanbul

> 	The postal code would be correct, if it was on land, but for the on
> the docks (and this is a boat slip), the proper postal code is 1013JT.

I dont know where you get that info from, but Singel is in the center of
the city, not anywhere close to the docks. And yes in Amsterdam there are
a lot of small tourist boats insied the center also.

For example one of the organisations we all know is located there:

Office Location:
RIPE NCC
Singel 258
1016 AB Amsterdam
The Netherlands

> 	Also, there are two variants of the Istanbul address, one has just
> "No" at the end, the other is "No. 62" - It is actually a rug shop in the
> bazaar.  The "really" old registrations used taiwantelco. com as the email
> domain and dnst. net for name service.  (I have found over a hundred, before
> I started using other people's data - from Joe Wein's, Bill Stearns' and a
> few other peoples collected and published lists I've found a few hundred
> more.)  My favorite's are still the ones which use the address from the
> Beverley Hills 90210 TV show (mostly a couple of months ago).

Yes, we had like a gazillion of those, thats why i said, this looks
familliar :)

Oh well, they will most likely be auto blocked due to this, so please let
them use this for years ;)

Bye,
Raymond.