[SURBL-Discuss] whitelist: accuradio.com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon May 23 04:19:04 CEST 2005

On Sunday, May 22, 2005, 6:52:01 PM, sare sare wrote:
> Just a quick note:

> Reviewing this week's emails looking for candidates for my SA
> whitelist.cf, I saw that an email from accuradio.com, with a URI to
> www.accuradio.com, had hit URIBL_OB_SURBL.

> I just did a SURBL check, and it's not there now, so I'm guessing it
> was a temporary fluke.  However, since in three years I've received
> emails from accuradio only to the specific email address I supplied
> them, not to any other, and have not receiving any emails from anyone
> else to that address, I believe this domain worth whitelisting to
> avoid future similar events.

> Submitting the whitelist now.

> Bob Menschel

Bob,
Since you say they're whitehats, I'll go ahead and whitelist them in
SURBLs.  Of minor interest one of their nameservers is on SORBS:

  212.118.243.118   dns5.name-services.com

  http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?212.118.243.118

And their third party advertising partner, whom they claim not to
share email addresses with:

  http://www.accuradio.com/privacy.asp

appears to have some possible connections to spamming:

  http://www.maxonline.com/privacy_policy/index.php

Note that the best place to send whitelist requests is probably
to whitelist at surbl dot org, though I personally like open
discussion of these in most cases.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.