[SURBL-Discuss] whitelist: accuradio.com

sare at menschel.net sare at menschel.net
Mon May 23 05:15:25 CEST 2005

Hello Jeff,

Sunday, May 22, 2005, 7:19:04 PM, you wrote:

JC> On Sunday, May 22, 2005, 6:52:01 PM, Bob Menschel wrote:
>> Reviewing this week's emails looking for candidates for my SA
>> whitelist.cf, I saw that an email from accuradio.com, with a URI to
>> www.accuradio.com, had hit URIBL_OB_SURBL. ...

>> Submitting the whitelist now.

JC> Bob,
JC> Since you say they're whitehats, I'll go ahead and whitelist them in SURBLs.

Shouldn't be necessary since I did so through my own SURBL whitelist
file...

JC> Of minor interest one of their nameservers is on SORBS:
JC>   212.118.243.118   dns5.name-services.com
JC>   http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?212.118.243.118

I noticed that. Tried to follow that link, but couldn't get any
information without registration, which I don't have time for right
now.

JC> And their third party advertising partner, whom they claim not to
JC> share email addresses with:
JC>   http://www.accuradio.com/privacy.asp
JC> appears to have some possible connections to spamming:
JC>   http://www.maxonline.com/privacy_policy/index.php

Looking at that privacy policy, everything references online web ads;
there's nothing there about email at all.

And again, I use a unique email for accuradio.com, and I've never
received spam to that address, so accuradio.com isn't sharing that
address with any spammer.

JC> Note that the best place to send whitelist requests is probably
JC> to whitelist at surbl dot org, though I personally like open
JC> discussion of these in most cases.

I'll keep that in mind. Added to my address book.  Thanks.

Bob Menschel