[SURBL-Discuss] whitelist: accuradio.com

Robert Menschel sare at menschel.net
Mon May 23 16:47:12 CEST 2005

Hello Jeff,

(sent one copy without attachment, and from not-listed address; that
copy can be deleted without forwarding to list. sorry)

Monday, May 23, 2005, 3:00:09 AM, you wrote:

JC> Message: 7
JC> Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 00:57:48 -0700
JC> From: Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org>
JC> Subject: Re: [SURBL-Discuss] whitelist: accuradio.com
JC> To: Joseph Burford <josephb at gmail.com>
JC> Cc: SURBL Discussion list <discuss at lists.surbl.org>

JC> On Sunday, May 22, 2005, 11:39:05 PM, Joseph Burford wrote:
>>> Since you say they're whitehats, I'll go ahead and whitelist them in
>>> SURBLs.  Of minor interest one of their nameservers is on SORBS:
>>>
>>>   212.118.243.118   dns5.name-services.com
>>>
>>>   http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?212.118.243.118

>> name-services.com is used by Register.com / Namebargain.com for their
>> customer DNS services.

>> Regards,

>> Joseph

JC> Hmm, then it probably should not be blacklisted:

JC>   black-rmenschel-200504:name-services.com

JC> Bob Menschel,
JC> Can you comment further on this listing of yours on sa-blacklist/
JC> ws.surbl.org?

Spam is attached.

I agree that as DNS, name-services.com shouldn't be blocked, nor as
received, since other viable emails come through them.

The only emails I've ever received /from/ name-services.com, and the
only emails I've ever received with URI links to name-services.com,
are like the attached. As far as I know, this is a scam.

I've never done any business with name-services.com, and never looked
at obtaining any of their services.

I don't remember the exact steps I used April 27 to review this, but
searching for their domain I found plenty of evidence of spam/scam,
and no evidence that these people also sent out ham.

If they themselves are a registry, and do send ham to domain
registrants that they haven't already scammed, then yes, I should
remove them from my blacklist file. If they are primarily DNS services
and do not send emails other than spam/scam, then they should remain.

Bob Menschel
From wdrp at name-services.com  Thu Jan 27 19:34:08 2005