[SURBL-Discuss] whitelist: accuradio.com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue May 24 03:19:06 CEST 2005

On Sunday, May 22, 2005, 8:15:25 PM, Bob M. wrote:
> Sunday, May 22, 2005, 7:19:04 PM, Jeff C. wrote:

JC>> And their third party advertising partner, whom they claim not to
JC>> share email addresses with:
JC>>   http://www.accuradio.com/privacy.asp
JC>> appears to have some possible connections to spamming:
JC>>   http://www.maxonline.com/privacy_policy/index.php

> Looking at that privacy policy, everything references online web ads;
> there's nothing there about email at all.

> And again, I use a unique email for accuradio.com, and I've never
> received spam to that address, so accuradio.com isn't sharing that
> address with any spammer.

accuradio.com's privacy policy states:

"Third Party Advertising
We use MaxOnline and other third-party advertising companies to
serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use
information (not including your name, address, email address or
telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites
in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites
about goods and services that may be of interest to you."

Note the "(not including your name, address, email address or
telephone number)" part, which is good.  Says accuradio.com
doesn't share that data with their advertiser.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.