[SURBL-Discuss] Help please - SA 3.0.2 and surbl

roger-surbl-discuss at rope.net roger-surbl-discuss at rope.net
Thu May 26 17:00:51 CEST 2005

	I am trying to use SURBL with spamassassin 3.0.2 but, even though
there seems to be an otherwise unusual length of time to process a
message, it is definitely not picking up the
http://surbl-org-permanent-test-point.com/ or http://127.0.0.2/ test URLs
that I put into a test message.

	I use a local caching nameserver (djbdns).

	I invoke spamd with "-d -m5 -s local4 -u smtpd -x" and I have
restarted the daemon.

	My /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre contains this line:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

	My /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf contains the following, with
explanations afterwards:

required_score                  12      # new
#fold_headers                   0
allow_user_rules                0
report_safe                     0
use_auto_whitelist              0
auto_whitelist_factor           0
use_dcc                         0
use_pyzor                       0
use_razor2                      0
use_bayes                       0
use_bayes_rules                 0
bayes_auto_learn                0
skip_rbl_checks                 0       # normally 1
check_mx_attempts               0
dns_available                   yes     # normally no

# URIDNSBL - We don't want the standard URIDNSBLs to be used
ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL
score URIBL_AB_SURBL            13
score URIBL_OB_SURBL            13
score URIBL_PH_SURBL            13
score URIBL_SBL                 13
score URIBL_SC_SURBL            13
score URIBL_WS_SURBL            13
#uridnsbl       URIBL_MULTI     multi-surbl.org.        TXT
#body           URIBL_MULTI     eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_MULTI')
#describe       URIBL_MULTI     Contains URL In MULTI Blocklist
#tflags         URIBL_MULTI     net
#score          URIBL_MULTI     13
endif # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

	Explanation: I am not using any of the features in the first part
of the list as you can tell by the "0". In addition, I normally do not use
any of the network features, so I have explicitly turned off all of the
DNSBL checks by setting the scores to "0" for each of them. All I want to
do is run SURBL and do some specific filtering.

	I have tried the URIDNSBL stuff two different ways. First, I had
set the included tests to score "0" and used my own definition, then I
changed it to what you see now, to use the stock definitions.

	Questions: Do I have something defined incorrectly? Have I missed
a definition? Anything else?

	Thanks for any help.