[SPAM-TAG] Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Help please - SA 3.0.2 and surbl

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri May 27 07:21:26 CEST 2005

On Thursday, May 26, 2005, 8:40:52 PM, roger-surbl-discuss roger-surbl-discuss wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Jeff Chan wrote:

>> What does "spamassassin -D < filename" give if filename contains
>> something like these in the message body:
>>
>>   http://surbl-org-permanent-test-point-MUNGED.com/

>         If you read all the way to the bottom, the test message (with 3
> URLs that should return a hit) is included. I have removed the email
> addresses from the headers.

>         After looking at the output, what jumps out at me is that the DNS
> queries may be timing out :-/ I think the default is 2 seconds. I'll have
> to try to find where that is set and increase it...

Yes, that could be it.  However 2 seconds should be enough time
for most DNS resolution, unless you're on a really slow or poorly
connected connection.

You may want to follow up on the SpamAssassin users list since
this is an issue with SpamAssassin and not SURBLs per se.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.