[SURBL-Discuss] Re: embedded image spams

Sean Sowell sean at twin-dad.com
Sat May 28 16:35:05 CEST 2005

and Jeff Chan wrote:
> Please provide the URI and the timestamp it was first seen.
> We can use that information to see if we can get them into SURBLs
> sooner.

Hello ---

I've been diligently sending full message sources of similar spam to
submit.[code]@spam.spamcop.net these past several days.  My account there is
set up as a mole to minimze the chance of being joe-jobbed.  My
understanding is that spamcop adds a point for that URI in spamcop's
database, until it exceeds the threshold needed for inclusion in sc.surbl.
Then, by way of the URIBL_SC_SURBL rule in SA 3.0.3, more of these things
will be caught as spam, since SA assigns >= 3.8 points to each such spam.
Am new to these tools, so I hope I've understood the docs and faq pages
correctly ...

Jeff, I can send you a zip file with a bunch of these recent message sources
(my email client is OE6).  Or, do you just need a bunch of Date: /

Sean S.
www.twin-dad.com