[SURBL-Discuss] sc2 issue (?)

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Nov 13 06:21:44 CET 2005

On Saturday, November 12, 2005, 5:17:58 PM, Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Hi, I've manually "spamcopped" ten of these 60 minutes ago:

> Submitted: Sun Nov 13 00:26:03 2005 GMT :
> ***SPAM*** KXndigung - Mahnung

> 1554220718 ( http://www.wunsch-pen??.com ) To: gatekeeper at eastgate.net.my
> 1554220710 ( http://www.wunsch-pen??.com ) To: m_ghaza at tm.net.my

> (for "??" insert "is").  So far that doesn't show up in multi,
> is there a problem with SURBL's link to SC, or are 10 reports
> simply not enough ?
>                         Bye, Frank

Only one report came through SpamCop.  In some cases that would
be enough, but this is the only domain to resolve into their
netblocks and there was only one report.  The domain and IPs are
not listed in any other RBLs.

So we could say that our tests are not sensitive enough, or this
is not appearing in enough spam, etc.  I went ahead and manually
blacklisted it anyway, assuming it's spam.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.