[SURBL-Discuss] uk DOT geocities DOT com

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Sat Oct 8 18:12:20 CEST 2005

Hi!

>> Hi, please remove uk. geocities .com from all white lists
>> and/or add it manually to local URIBLs, it's a black hat.

> No it's not.  It belongs to Yahoo.  Yahoo is currently trying
> to properly organize their handling of hosting abuse.
>
>>                           Bye, Frank

> What does the article say please?

Its the typical spam we are seeing for months now. I have posted some
rules to block them, use those. We wont list geocities in SURBL. It DOES
have legitimate uses.

To save you looking for the rules... :

#
# Abusive public hosting
#

uri PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/.*uk\.geocities\.com\//
score PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1  15.0
describe PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1 PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1, Body

uri PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/.*it\.geocities\.com\//
score PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1  15.0
describe PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1 PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1, Body

uri PROLO_PUBWEB_WWWGEO_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/.*www\.geocities\.com\//
score PROLO_PUBWEB_WWWGEO_CHECK1  15.0
describe PROLO_PUBWEB_WWWGEO_CHECK1 PROLO_PUBWEB_WWWGEO_CHECK1, Body

There are some others abused also (de geocities com) so you might want to
extend it.

While we are at it some more:

uri PROLO_HOSTING_PROHOSTING_CHK1 /^http:\/\/.*prohosting\.com\//
score PROLO_HOSTING_PROHOSTING_CHK1  15.0
describe PROLO_HOSTING_PROHOSTING_CHK1 PROLO_HOSTING_PROHOSTING_CHK1, Body

uri PROLO_HOSTING_XTHOST_CHK1 /^http:\/\/.*xthost\.info\//
score PROLO_HOSTING_XTHOST_CHK1  15.0
describe PROLO_HOSTING_XTHOST_CHK1 PROLO_HOSTING_XTHOST_CHK1, Body

uri PROLO_HOSTING_NET4FREE_CHK1 /^http:\/\/.*net4free\.org\//
score PROLO_HOSTING_NET4FREE_CHK1  15.0
describe PROLO_HOSTING_NET4FREE_CHK1 PROLO_HOSTING_NET4FREE_CHK1, Body

We have seen abuse from those also, use at own risk.

Bye,
Raymond.