[SURBL-Discuss] Re: uk DOT geocities DOT com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Oct 10 02:39:33 CEST 2005

On Sunday, October 9, 2005, 12:20:31 PM, Steve Sobol wrote:
> Frank Ellermann wrote:

>> And that's why they bounce SpamCop reports to their listed
>> abuse.net address ?

> I don't know that that means anything. Spamcop hasn't historically had a
> reputation for being accurate, although they might have improved recently.

The quality of SpamCop reports is dependent on the quality of
what users report, plus internal processing SpamCop does to
reduce the noise and errors in those reports.

The quality of contact information SpamCop has to report spams to
is dependent on source like abuse.net and whatever other contacts
they can determine for themselves or with external help.

In the specific case of SpamCop's contact information for
Yahoo, it currently appears out of date or incorrect, but Yahoo
has provided new information to SpamCop.  I know this because I
was involved in bringing the parties together.  The new contact
info is private and will not be visible to SpamCop users or the
public, but when it's in place the reports will get through and
hopefully be acted upon.

Cheers,

Don't harm innocent bystanders.