[SURBL-Discuss] Re: uk DOT geocities DOT com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Oct 10 06:21:58 CEST 2005

On Sunday, October 9, 2005, 5:39:33 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> The quality of SpamCop reports is dependent on the quality of
> what users report, plus internal processing SpamCop does to
> reduce the noise and errors in those reports.

It's perhaps worth noting that with some munging on our side, the
SpamCop spamvertised site data result in some of the better
performing SURBLs: sc.surbl.org and ab.surbl.org.

We can compensate for the occasional errors made by SpamCop
users, yet it's the fact that the reports are mostly manual that
make the data unusually good.  Generally speaking, some humans
had to take some time and make some effort to report the spam,
and the reports are mostly right.  Collectively, their judgements
about what constitutes spam turns out to be quite useful.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.