[SURBL-Discuss] Re: uk DOT geocities DOT com

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Oct 10 20:05:00 CEST 2005

Jeff Chan wrote:

> The ARIN and abuse.net contact databases are run by humans
> who sometimes have difficulty determining who to contact for
> a given network/system/organization.

Sure, but I refuse to bother John (update AT abuse.net) only
to bypass a "bug" (or feature) in SC's algorithm to guess a
better address than what they get from ARIN.

abuse.net doesn't need a working entry for cc.yahoo-inc.com,
it has an entry for [see subject] submitted by postmaster at .

That issue has to be fixed at SpamCop somehow, not abuse.net.

> SpamCop may not have installed that address yet, but it has
> been provided, and that is significant progress.

ACK, let's see what happens.  Yesterday my report never made
it to their Web site reports page, therefore it's no surprise
if it also never made it to your WL hit page.

> Until then we can't blacklist them because they do have
> legitimate uses.

The WL hit part still has to work, otherwise sc.surbl.org is
compromised.
                          Bye, Frank