[SURBL-Discuss] FP AddictionReport (dot) com

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:12:02 CEST 2005

2005/9/19, Catherine Hampton <ariel at spambouncer.org>:

> Although "This is True" is to the best of my knowledge a COI list,
> when a domain manages to get itself listed on three SURBLs, chances
> of it not being spammy are somewhere in the noise, IMHO. :/  Somebody
> needs to have a serious discussion with the owners of this domain
> about where they are advertising/i.e. the company that they are
> keeping.  I'd bet a significant chunk of change that these listings
> were not due to "This is True" being reported for spamming.
Hi Catherine...

I'm not following SURBL development lately, but, at least sometime
ago, it was pretty easy to get listed just because someone "forgot"
that he/she was subscribed to a coi newsletter (or someone else did,
for a role account)...

I Cc'ed Randy Cassingham (the author of "This is True") the original
message, since he contacted me about a year ago when a bunch of his
own domains got listed (see
http://lists.surbl.org/pipermail/discuss/2004-September/002280.html)...
he's even written an anti-spam page himself (see
http://www.spamprimer.com/)...

Randy answered me stating "I'm QUITE confident that they don't
spam"... I *do* trust him and, although you don't have to,
addictionreport.com *may* have deceived him and they *could* be a
spamming site... a quick search in NANAS (http://tinyurl.com/9yaoa)
and NANAE (http://tinyurl.com/dzsgb) didn't bring any result...

Do you have knowledge of actual spam involving addictionreport.com?
Randy was interested in this (since addictionreport.com is actually a
customer of advertising for him).

OTOH, AFAIK, SURBL lists have a "no FP" policy, so, showing a FP is an
indicator that an entry should be whitelisted.

Regards.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com