[SURBL-Discuss] URI Blacklisting at the MTA level

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Mon Apr 17 23:45:55 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I've written a basic Sendmail milter in Perl using Sendmail::PMilter
which uses the SpamAssassin libraries with just the 20_uri_tests.cf
rules file (so it is relatively light) to strip the URI's from a message
and then check them against multi.surbl.org and black.uribl.com and
reject any messages that contains blacklisted URI's.

It's rough code at the moment - there's no whitelisting or any
start/stop scripts for it yet and this is my first attempt at anything
in Perl - I've been running it on our spam trap for a while now and it's
worked very well, I have not tried it on a production system yet.

I'm posting it here in case anyone finds this useful and for comment -
It can be downloaded from http://www.fsl.com/support/milter-uri.pl --
installation instructions are in the file.

Finally - I'd like to say thanks to everyone involved in both SURBL and
URIBL projects, you all do an excellent job of making lives difficult
for the spammers :-)

Kind regards,
Steve.

--