[SURBL-Discuss] dns2.registerly.com listed on Spamhaus

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Aug 9 18:58:19 CEST 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Most likely on purpose. Registerfly should stop this crap. There is
> thousands of spamdomains on their nemaeservers. If they dont listen to
> abuse reports they perhaps listen to actions like this. Its not like this
> is going on for days there, its months.

Registerfly has experienced severe amounts of trouble lately. It is most
likely the result of them switching from reselling a handful of other
registrars to becoming an ICANN-accredited registrar themselves. I work
for a company that used them for years with no problems, but their
switchover turned out to be a technical nightmare, and no one you can get
in touch with on the phone, via email or via their contact web page seems
empowered to do anything.

We are planning to post our experiences on a website somewhere, but until
then, suffice it to say that they are absolutely in shambles, or were when
we left them a few months ago, anyhow.

Good luck getting to someone who actually (a) can fix the problem and (b)
cares enough to do so.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.