[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Announce] surblhost is a C command line program to query SURBLs

Christian Stigen Larsen csl at sublevel3.org
Thu Aug 17 12:17:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

Den 17. aug. 2006 kl. 10.16 skrev Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz:
> I'm sending a little patch attached (configure.ac). It's needed to
> correct three small things :

Thanks a bunch!

But I couldn't find any attachment, at least in my mailer.

> About the program itself, you hardcoded tlds and whitelists inside
> your
> program. So, if these lists change, your program shall be recompiled.
> IMHO, it's better to put them in some place (/usr/local/share/...).

I'll fix this.  It is always a bit dirty to hardcode data.

> But, IMHO, this is a kind of program easier to do in perl, mainly
> in the
> way you want to handle input parameters and print results.

Very true.  There is indeed a very nice such utility written in perl,
but the depend-install broke on my system. :/  I wrote surblhost since
I couldn't find any stand-alone version written in C.

> And... it's a nice tool - thanks.

Thanks again for your suggestions.  This is what open source is all
about!

--
Christian Stigen Larsen, http://csl.sublevel3.org