[SURBL-Discuss] Re: domain "w" listed, causing problems

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Jan 23 08:57:57 CET 2006

Jeff Chan wrote:

> What you saw may have been an artifact of broken DNS queries.
> There are also filters in place to prevent things that cannot
> be domains from getting on the lists.

Some spammers apparently try their luck with ">" in pseudo-URLs
like  http://what>ever.spammer.example  (seen in an article on
the SpamCop list).  It's a bit beyond me how any decent MUA can
accept this as link.  In that example what>ever.spammer.example
has an IP, but it's of course no valid host name.

Apparently a hard case of "fix your MUA", I've no better idea.
Normally I hate this line of arguments when it's used against
my good old "Mozilla 3".  Of course my monster doesn't accept
this crap as host name, it stops at http://what as it should.

                           Bye, Frank