[SURBL-Discuss] Guestbook spam

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Nov 14 05:43:05 CET 2006

On Monday, November 13, 2006, 7:11:01 AM, Gerhard (rbl) wrote:
> Joseph Brennan schrieb:

>> That one has gone on and off our local blocklist.  Why do they host
>> so many spammers?
>>
>> Joseph Brennan
>> Lead Email Systems Engineer
>> Columbia University Information Technology
> Dear Joseph,

> this is a big italian provider ... they have a xDSL Brand named "Alice"
> cheap, and totally abused... but we have productive emails from that range

> It's like the big xDSL Providers in the states like swbell etc... the
> machines behind this xDSL lines are massively controlled by bot's...

> yours

> Gerhard

Yes, definitely.  Large broadband providers are going to have a
lot of infected hosts on them.  See for example:

  http://www.senderbase.org/

Telefonica, tpnet, rr.com, Verizon, Proxad, Telecom Italia,
Comcast, Wanadoo, etc. are all big broadband providers and
they have high sender magnitudes probably due to botnet senders.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.