[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Redirection URLs

opencomputing at gmail.com opencomputing at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 15:43:18 CEST 2006

>Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:07:25 -0400
>From: Eric Montr?al <erv at mailpeers.net>
>Subject: Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Redirection URLs
>To: SURBL Discussion list <discuss at lists.surbl.org>
>

>A year ago, when the Geocities problem was much bigger, I made a simple
>analysis tool.
>
>I don't maintain it anymore, and data is partial, however, it shows that
>the javascript
>encoding used is nearly always very basic and easy to decode:
>
>http://nospam.mailpeers.net/alive_spammy2.txt

Did you check every geocities et al link in your spam mails and add them
to this list? You must've been angry to blast the spammers outta the
earth!!! I just love that spirit. Thanks for the links.

>Most of the listed sites appeared in spams long time ago and were not
>removed by
>Geocities.
>
>The original site http://nospam.mailpeers.net/ contains .cf rules, but
>except for the generic
>ones it's not useful anymore, mostly since Yahoo / Geocities finally
>decided to do the right
>thing and block the new spam sites and I don't actively search geocities
>spamvertized links
>anymore.

Are the rules listed like subevil, alive_spammy(2), rip_spammy,
alive_spammy_malware all kept updated? Even if not, I guess they
shouldn't give FPs?

cheers,
skar.

--
OpenProtect - The email virus/spam filter
http://openprotect.com