[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [Uribl-discuss] Fw: Requesting Your Permission or "Why Mardev and Outward Media should be RBL Listed"

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Apr 19 17:26:22 CEST 2007

> When the legislation was first passed we did support opt out for B2B,
> small business who for the first time can trade with big business on an
> equal footing would have been slaughtered.
>
> We fully anticipate however that opt in legislation is on the cards and
> have adopted that policy from day one.

Do you not understand that these two statements are mutually exclusive?  How
can you possibly promote the legal changes for opt-out and then claim a
policy of opt-in from day one?  Small business don't deserve to be able to
SPAM business just because they aren't large.

As far as I'm concerned Mardev was principally involved in passing the
convoluted law to being with making you a two-faced, wish-washy, snake-oil
selling salesperson hiding behind laws and blowing wherever the winds take
you.

However, if Mardev doesn't actually send B2B opt-out emails, then I imagine
you won't end up on an RBL.  But if you do, expect to be submitted for
listing in a heartbeat.

KAM