[SURBL-Discuss] Unsubscribe

Roots Music Agency Denmark office at rootsmusicagency.com
Sat Aug 11 08:20:27 CEST 2007

Roots Music Agency Denmark
Svend Kjeldsen
De Mezas Vej 28
DK-8000 Århus C.
Denmark
Tel.: +45 8618 5303
Fax : +45 8618 5373
Mobile: +45 2326 6193
office at rootsmusicagency.com
http://www.rootsmusicagency.com/
http://www.movingcloud.rootsmusicagency.com

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at lists.surbl.org
[mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.surbl.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Jones
Sent: 11. august 2007 04:43
To: discuss at lists.surbl.org
Subject: [SURBL-Discuss] When did a specific URL get into SURBL?

How can I tell when a specific URL was entered into SURBL? Is there an RSS
news feed or DNS text record or something that tells this?

My scenario: my tech-savvy user gets an email advertising spammer.com and
says "I did 'host spammer.com.multi.surbl.org' and SURBL's blocking this
domain-- why did it get through?".

I want to answer (accurately) "spammer.com is in SURBL *now*, but it wasn't
when you received the mail-- spammer.com was entered into SURBL at xxxx,
while the email you forwarded came in earlier, at yyy".

Any way to do this? We seem to get a lot of spam that slips by SURBL, but
shows up in multi.surbl.org shortly thereafter (I realize that someone has
to receive the spam before a URL can added to SURBL...)

Another interesting use would be figuring out how long to quarantine
possible spam-- in most cases, holding suspicious emails for just 12 hours
would vastly reduce the amount of spam we get.

--
We're just a Bunch Of Regular Guys, a collective group that's trying to
understand and assimilate technology. We feel that resistance to new ideas