[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Sat Aug 18 18:13:31 CEST 2007

> And you mail urls with your ip inside? Possible, but would surprise me.

Never.  That's not the point.

>> However, then comes the point of a reverse attack where they start
>> putting an IP address of an innocent 3rd party.  Then we start assisting
>> them.
>
> So what, if you insert my ip, what harm will i be done, for me zero. You?

If I, as the storm network, start adding http://<AOL's IP ADDRESSES>/ to my
spam solely as a denial of service against AOL, then it ends up in XS,
people all over start getting FPs.

Replace AOL with anyone you want to target and we can be turned into a DoS
of sorts.

Regards,
KAM