[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

Phil (Medway Hosting) phil at medwayhosting.com
Sat Aug 18 19:08:51 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "SM" <sm at resistor.net>
To: "SURBL Discussion list" <discuss at lists.surbl.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

> At 08:51 18-08-2007, Phil \(Medway Hosting\) wrote:
> >Am I missing something ? I thought we were talking about IP's as URL's ?
How

> Yes, that's what we are talking about.
>
> >many false positives are there likely to be when hardly anyone on dynamic
> >IP's are going to be running a web server and hand out their IP as a URL
?

> There are many people who run a web server on a dynamic IP address.
>
> >And if there WERE any false positives does anyone really care ? If they
want
> >to run a reliable web server then get a proper one. My opinion.
>
> I could say that too but then there are valid reasons for a user to
> run a web service.

On a dynamic IP with that short a TTL ? If they had a legitimate reason then
most likely they would use dyndns or similar. I think the argument about
them using IP links is a non starter. Blacklist em.

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965