[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at surbl.org
Sat Aug 18 20:12:31 CEST 2007

Hi!

>> 1.  Blacklist those on XS
>> 2.  Add XS into multi.surbl.org as the 128th bit
>>
>> In principle #1 and #2 could be separate issues, but to get maximum benefit
>> if
>> #1 is done then #2 should probably be done also.

> That will cause false positives.  Some ISPs don't assign long leases.  The IP
> address of an infected host can be assigned to a "good" one in a matter of
> hours.

Its a URI-BL not a RBL!

If the listing moves to another IP thats ok, we will expire the entry
anyway. And how likely is it, asked this before, that the 'other' new user
starts out sending mails with http://<ip> >

Highly unlikely.

Hey, on the other hand, you dont need to use the list ;P

Bye,
Raymond.