[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at surbl.org
Sat Aug 18 20:15:35 CEST 2007

Hi!

>> That will cause false positives.  Some ISPs don't assign long
>> leases.  The IP address of an infected host can be assigned to a
>> "good" one in a matter of hours.

> Am I missing something ? I thought we were talking about IP's as URL's ? How
> many false positives are there likely to be when hardly anyone on dynamic
> IP's are going to be running a web server and hand out their IP as a URL ?
> And if there WERE any false positives does anyone really care ? If they want
> to run a reliable web server then get a proper one. My opinion.

No i dont think you are missing something. And btw, this exact same thing
applies to RBL lists as Spamcop and so ... nothing new here, not worth the
fuzz. Unless someone can point out with some examples we are gonna make a
hudge mistake i say lets move forward. In fact, they are allready getting
added.

Bye,
Raymond.