[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at surbl.org
Sat Aug 18 20:18:14 CEST 2007

Hi!

>> many false positives are there likely to be when hardly anyone on dynamic
>> IP's are going to be running a web server and hand out their IP as a URL ?
>
> There are many people who run a web server on a dynamic IP address.

And then they point a domain to their server. Like bleh.myip.com or
www.thisisme.com or alike. Never seen my friends telling me, hey visit my
website, its http://123.123.123.123

>> And if there WERE any false positives does anyone really care ? If they
>> want
>> to run a reliable web server then get a proper one. My opinion.

> I could say that too but then there are valid reasons for a user to run a web
> service.

See above. Lets end the discussion. Its silly. Spamcop and the likes do
the exact same thing on lists that are used widely to block stuff on
mailservers with. Its really not worth the fuzz.

Bye,
Raymond.