[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

Phil (Medway Hosting) phil at medwayhosting.com
Sat Aug 18 20:57:34 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgrail at pccc.com>
To: "SURBL Discussion list" <discuss at lists.surbl.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

> If you are saying this, then you don't need a list.  Just use the
> __KAM_IPHTTP rule below as a standalone rule with a score of your choice.
> No need for an RBL.
>
> #RECENT RASH OF VIRII/TROJAN PAYLOADS USING GREETING CARD NOTICES - IPHTTP
> IDEA BY STEPHEN FORD
> body            __KAM_CARD1
> /(worshipper|friend|Neighbou?

<SNIPPED EXAMPLE>

Doesn't scale.

Plus - (not being an expert on SA rules) I don't believe that takes into
account legitimate servers on fixed IP's where you WOULD expect to find IP
URL's ?  e.g. new server is set up, new users/owners need to be able to set
it up/configure it etc & DNS not fully filtered though the net yet.

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965