[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Storm URI IPs to XS list?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at surbl.org
Mon Aug 20 15:40:11 CEST 2007

Hi!

>>> IMO, he makes a good point.  I've seen and used http://10.10.10.1 and
>>> http://192.168.1.1/, etc.  We can probably just whitelist the 10.X and
>>> 192.168.X.

>> Those would probably never get blacklisted since they're useless on the
>> Internet

> however they can get into mails (that can get to the net) so someone might
> (want to) list them...

As for the domain names we check, same for the ips we also check. Either
i am very bad in explaining myself or people are just not reading. We
fetch the URL's, before feeding in, so if there is a pricate adress, we
cannot list it. At least, not the tooling we are using here.

If we would list anything thats put inside a mail we would end up with
massive FPs.

We can talk about this for weeks, but its happening now, btw, we are
allready listing, no FP reports yet. So lets close the talks till we see
that changing.

Thanks,
Raymond.