[SURBL-Discuss] Why is multi's rsync file so large?

Rob McEwen (PowerView Systems) rob at powerviewsystems.com
Wed Jan 10 21:57:35 CET 2007

>Just look inside the file and you will see? Since multi used shared lists
>each comment line is added for each host seperately and not like the
>seperate lists one comment field for all.

OK. That makes sense... but I have a follow-up question. Does rbldnsd take up more memory by including that comment as the equivalent of a "text record" for DNS lookups that might attempt such a lookup against rbldnsd?

If so, I'm thinking that, as beneficial as this might be in some scenarios, it sure probably uses a whole lot of extra ram on the server hosting the rbldnsd, correct?

Rob McEwen
PowerView Systems
rob at PowerViewSystems.com
(478) 475-9032