[SURBL-Discuss] List of URL redirectors and Perl code to parse them?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Jan 11 06:45:04 CET 2007

On Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 7:13:36 AM, Kelly Jones wrote:
> I know that rd.yahoo.com (for example) is a URL redirector that
> spammers use to get around SURBL.

> I also know that if I see a URL like rd.yahoo.com/?http://foo.bar.com,
> I should actually lookup bar.com.multi.surbl.org.

SpamAssassin checks anything that looks like a domain in.  In the
example above, it would parse out yahoo.com and bar.com.  It would
only check bar.com since yahoo.com is on its local whitelist
(list of domains to exclude from checking).  Other programs may
do similar or different things with redirection sites.

> Is there a fairly complete list of URL redirectors I could use, along
> with code (ideally Perl code) that converts/de-obfuscates "redirector
> URL" to "target URL"?

If you find any, please let us know.

Cheers,

Don't harm innocent bystanders.