[SURBL-Discuss] XS list?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Oct 3 15:06:21 CEST 2007

Quoting Justin Mason <jm at jmason.org>:

> hey guys -- this is still off-limits for use in SpamAssassin, right?

Hi Justin,
Thanks for asking.  Yes, XS is still a test list stub.  It should not be used
for production or even testing yet.  At some point, hopefully sooner rather
than later, we will have some interesting test data in it, though they may
overlap with the other SURBL lists somewhat.  When that happens we'd very much
like to see some test results on it.  Assuming the results are good, we'll turn
it into a production list by incorporating it into the 128th of multi and likely
removing it as a separate list.

I haven't checked on the status of nameservers for the standalone, test version
of the list, so XS should not be used for now.  We will certainly announce when
it's available for testing, probably both on the SURBL announcement list, and a
SpamAssassin list or two (would dev be more appropriate than users, or vice
versa?)

Cheers,