[SURBL-Discuss] Joe Jobbed by a scammer and AbuseButler

Ron Guerin ron at vnetworx.net
Wed Aug 6 03:12:35 CEST 2008

Jeff Chan wrote:

> Please note that the correct contact address for SURBL list
> removals is whitelist at surbl, except for OB:
>
>   http://www.surbl.org/lists.html#removal

Yep.  Knew that.  Wasn't posting here to be whitelisted or removed, but
to try and figure out what is going on with one particular data source,
and also to try and get a better feel for what I've been sticking my
neck out on advocating the use of, considering that several new data
sources have been added to SURBL since the last time I took a hard look
at any of them.

Aside from that, I'm also interested in sharing my own abuse data and
perhaps that of cooperating users of mine, and would like to know what
sort of standards have to be met.  As I think I said earlier in another
thread, much of the abuse of my system doesn't turn up in SURBL until
later.  Given that I seem to be in possession of some abuse data earlier
than everyone else at the moment, the next logical step would seem to be
to share it.

- Ron