[SURBL-Discuss] [SURBL-Announce] SURBL Usage Policy change

Paul Shields paul.shields at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 00:40:36 CET 2008

On 6 Nov 2008, at 18:27, Jeff Chan wrote:

> On Thursday, November 6, 2008, 9:55:40 AM, Alex Marinkovic wrote:
>> How does this effect current rsync subscribers?  How long will
>> current
>> rsync access remain available?
>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>
> Hi Alex,
> Thanks for bringing up another point I didn't address in the
> announcement but probably should have.  All large rsync users
> would be asked to pay, but there would be a 90 day grace period.

Whoops, I must have missed the initial post on this.

So do I take it that the current free rsync feed we use for our mail
servers will be ending soon? As a fairly large ISP (2 million
mailboxes, up to 20 million mails per day) the new charges will cost
us around $20,000/per annum. I'm really very appreciative of the work
done by SURBL and will certainly lobby for us to continue with the
feed. Unfortunately these things are determined by the corporate bean
counters :).

Can I have some more formal information about when the current rsync
feed will terminate? Also some more detail on support/service
guarantees/escalation procedures would be useful when putting forward
the case for funding.

Thanks

Paul