[SURBL-Discuss] Integrating twi.bz URL shortener and SURBL

John Graham-Cumming jgc at jgc.org
Wed Apr 15 13:23:10 CEST 2009

Folks,

You've probably not heard of my URL shortener service http://twi.bz/ because
it is very new, but I wanted to appeal to the SURBL folks to accept
twi.bzdomain names within the SURBL lists.
twi.bz is differently from the standard URL shorteners in that it includes
the domain name of the destination site in the twi.bz domain name.

For example, a twi.bz link to amazon.com would be in the form:
amazon.twi.bz/XYZ.  A twi.bz link to amazon.ca would be in the form
amazon.ca.twi.bz/XYZ and a twi.bz link to amazon.co.uk would be in the form
amazon.co.uk.twi.bz/XYZ.  For .com domains I strip the .com for all the rest
I leave the TLD in place.  Since this is in the domain name it should be
easy for them to appear in the SURBL list.

On my side I'll be using SURBL multi on domains submitted to the service to
check for spam.  I'm hoping that the visibility in twi.bz domains, they're
ability to appear in SURBL and my checking of SURBL links will make
twi.bzunattractive for spammers.

John.