[SURBL-Discuss] Mailing list gets bounces from my mail provider because of surbl

Daniel Dickinson cshore at brucetelecom.com
Thu Apr 16 02:51:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

My ISP (www.bmts.com - Bruce Telecom, reachable at
tech at brucetelecom.com) uses surbl to detect and block SPAM, however the
debian mailing lists do not and this results in bounces of mail sent to
the debian mailing lists and through it to me through my provider.
This is bad because the debian mailing lists unsubscribe users who have
too many bounces.

My ISP tells me to contact you to get the offending site removed,
however I don't object to the site blacklisted, but to the
listz.debian.org mail bouncing.  I asked them to whitelist it but they
just reiterated that I had to contact you.

I think they are wrong and not understand.  Could someone kindly beat
the over the head with instruction on how to whitelist listz.debian.org
so that it is not blocked even if a surbl blacklisted URL is in the
mail?

The address of their tech support is tech at brucetelecom.com

Please CC me if this is a busy list as I may then not see the message.

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore