[SURBL-Discuss] Mailing list gets bounces from my mail providerbecause of surbl

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Apr 16 03:29:18 CEST 2009

Not speaking on behalf of SURBL but using SURBL to block email is not a
recommended usage. From http://www.surbl.org/

"direct blocking at the MTA level is not recommended. It's generally better
to use SURBLs along with multiple, weighted factors, as SpamAssasssin does."

However, additionally, why are so many messages to the debian mailing list
hitting surbl domains?  Even the anti-spam mailing lists don't have this
problem that much.  If you are discussing questionable domains use
<domain>-munge.com for example.

Or is the debian list infiltrated by spammers who are sending spam?  Are you
in digest mode and it's hitting on a bunch of email addresses or something?

Regards,
KAM