[SURBL-Discuss] Mailing list gets bounces from my mail providerbecause of surbl

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Apr 17 08:27:50 CEST 2009

On 4/16/09, Kevin Olson <kevino at mxtools.com> wrote:
>  It looks like it was Postini that blocked a message,
>  based on a SURBL listing for medlistsources<munged>.com.

Thanks for the reference.  It looks like the "I sell lists of doctors'
email addresses spammer" is sending spam to debian mailing lists.  A
couple responses to this:

1.  The debian list admins should do a better job of filtering spam
from their lists, including by using SURBLs.

2.  The list receivers could whitelist the debian lists around their
local spam filtering, but this is really fixing the problem in the
wrong way.  There should not be spam on the mailing lists in the first
place.

Cheers,