[SURBL-Discuss] Other SURBL lists then from surbl.org?

SURBL Role surbl.role at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:10:06 CEST 2009

On 8/20/09, Eric McClatchie <mcclatch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having emails ending up not delivered whenever a certain domain URL
>  is in the email. When I check surbl.org lists, the domain is NOT
>  blacklisted. What other lists should I be looking at?
>
>  I also notice when subscribing to this list, the approval email went to
>  spam on gmail!
>
>  Mac

Some possibilities:

1.  The site is on some other URI list.
2.  Some other site in the message is listed.
2.  DNS responses are being modified by a DNS proxy service.  Usually
these are to prevent people from going to malware, phishing, spam,
etc., sites.  These kinds of DNS changes can cause false positives and
false negatives for any DNSBL.

See for example:

  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#dnsproxy
  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#opendns
  http://www.surbl.org/implementation.html

It would be useful to have an error message to check.